When all else fails and you give everything you have, which never seems quite enough, this is what you need to do:
- go Zen. You've seen Daniel-san when he goes into the crane pose, he's there but not really there. Block out the noise. Be Daniel-san.
- tap into the Love. Think of the wife, your husband, your mom, your dad, the kids, a sibling who really knows you, your first pet. Once the goosies start surfacing, consider yourself tapped in.
- count each step or each revolution on the bike. By the time you get to 100, you'll have forgotten why you started counting in the first pace but be further down the road.
- be in the moment. Relax the breathing, exhale deeply and focus on how you improve what you are doing by 5%. Lean further forward in your run, more aero, bigger gear.
- if you feel weak. Eat.
- if you feel nauseous. Stop eating.
- chill at whatever you are doing. Think to yourself, would I rather be here in this moment outdoors or behind my desk checking work emails.
- tap into the Hate. Think of the wife, your husband, your mom, your dad, the kids, a sibling who really knows you, your first pet. Once the rage starts to boil, consider yourself tapped in.
- reduce the size of your goals into bite-size chunks. Reach the streetlight, pat yourself on the back. Overtake one cyclist, give yourself a quiet hurray.
- think of Chopper Read. See video below. [BEWARE - contains swearing. Consider yourself warned.]
Be like Bevan,