I've nudged my weekly mileage from 35k's running per week, to 50k's per week and this week's target is 75k's. I am on the Silver Comrades training plan and the aim is to run an "Up Run" silver in 7h28m. That's about a 3.30 marathon to the half way point. But, they tell me, the first half of Comrades is the one of the hardest standalone marathons that you'll ever run. The aim is to become bulletproof in January, slowly increase the mileage and learn to run 5 mins per k, and faster if required, for everything.
- 29 Jan - Ottosdal Marathon (first marathon)
- 6 March - Vaal Marathon (fast one 3.10)
26 March - Long Tom Pass Ultra 56k's
- 9 April - Comrades Warm Up Run 50k's (Polly Shorts)
- 17 April - Club Long Run 60k's
BIG Weekend: 1 May Colgate 32k/ Wally Hayward Marathon (in 3.30)
- 15 May: RAC 10k (PB attempt. Current PB from several years ago = 37.09)
I also need to get my weight under control and will gently take it down from 73 to 67kg's for race day. Running and better nutrition (mainly portion control) should get me there without too much stress.
I'll let you know how I get on.
Run Forest ....,